10 tips to become vegan and remain it
Do you want to become vegan but don’t know where to start? Have you tried it already but wasn’t a success? Or are you already in the process of becoming fully plant-based but don’t know how to make it even better? We give you 10 tips to bear in mind if you want to have a 100% plant-based diet.
- 1. Find your own transition method that fits with your personality and lifestyle – A vegan meal once a week, once a day or even becoming fully vegan overnight… Listen to you, no pressure is necessary in this case.
- 2. Stay simple – A few years ago, becoming vegan was a real mission. Today, we are glad to see a lot of big supermarkets offering plant-based products so don’t hesitate to try them. You will probably find some gems 😉
- 3. Have a budget for your diet – Even if a vegan diet is not expensive, at the beginning, it is easy to be attracted by expensive products because of the packaging, the brand or even the place where you go shopping. No need to go directly to an organic store, you can easily find what you need in supermarket and your fresh produce at the market.
- 4. Don’t be worried about deficiencies – From the moment you eat enough and a variety of food, there is no reason for you to have deficiencies. Especially in terms of protein (there is a lot in plants!). The only thing you need as a supplement is B12. Check out this article for more info!
- 5. Discover cuisines of the world – You would be surprised to find out most of them are naturally vegan or vegetarian. There are actually a real source of inspiration!
- 6. You will meet more experts in nutrition than you thought you would – Don’t listen to people who are trying to scare you whereas they don’t know anything about diet. You will find all your protein, vitamins and minerals in all amazing ressources that Nature offers to us.
- 7. Empty your pantry as you go along – There is no need to clean everything up in one go. Just finish what you have and then, replace your non-vegan product by a vegan one.
- 8. Make a grocery list – Having a grocery list will help you be organised and not overwhelmed by all the products you will find in store.
- 9. Make a list of all the ingredients you like already – You will be amazed to see that most of what you like is naturally vegan or easy to find in vegan version (such as cheese) or without knowing it such as pasta, rice, couscous, lentils, hummus, ketchup! and more.
- 10. Be tolerant with yourself – You need to understand that every thing needs time and becoming vegan can take weeks or even months and this is not a problem. Find your lifestyle, the most important is to stay motivated to become fully vegan.